A painting contract can earn you a considerable amount of income or lead to huge loses of you do not make the right estimation of the materials you will require and the amount of time you will take carrying out the painting job. A professional Ogden paint contractor should know the right quote for each painting job so that you do not loose painting contracts due to overpricing or earning too little as a result of overcharging.
Below are some important tips on how you can determine the prices of a painting job:
- Measure the size of the area being painted: You need to know the actual size of the area you will be painting before you decide how much you will charge. It will be right to visit the area so that you can measure the area or if there is a record of the actual size of the house, the owner can allow you to use it in the calculation.
When making the calculations, you can deduct the areas that will not be painted like the glass windows so that you can come up with a perfect figure in your calculations.
- Estimate the amount of paint that will be required: As a paint contractor, you should know the amount of paint that you can use to paint a specified area. You should also consider that most of the surfaces will require a double coating and you will need to consider this when making the calculations.
- Know how much the paint will cost: Your charges should be determined after considering the cost of the paint that will be used. You should be able to explain to the homeowner about the different paint qualities available in the market so that you can agree on the best based on how much he wants to spend on the painting.
As a paint contractor, you should be able to provide the right advice so that the homeowner will not end up choosing low-quality paint in the name of spending less on the painting. If you do not do this and the outcome is not as desired, he will not understand that the poor quality is as a result of the bad choice of paint. Instead, he will brand you as unprofessional and this could ruin your reputation as a painting professional.
- Consider the cost of other materials: Besides the paint that will be used, you will also need other materials such as masking plastic, paint tape, painting brushes or a roller, caulking, primer, masking paper, and tarps as well.
- Labor requirement: If the area that will be painted is extensive, you will require to hire people to help in completing the painting job. You should consider the amount that you will use to pay them when quoting the cost of the painting job.
There are also other factors that one needs to consider when determining the price of a painting job such as the need to move furniture in order to carry out the painting. There are people who will give a painting job in a house that already has a lot of furniture that will take a lot of time in moving them before and after the painting. Such tasks will prolong the time that will be taken for the painting and should also be considered when determining the prices by every professional Ogden paint contractor.